Yellow Lake (FD&C Yellow 5) BATCH CERTIFIED
Lake pigments are oil dispersible colourants that tint by dispersion. This means unlike our water soluble dyes these colourants need an oil to distribute them in water. This makes them a great option for colouring bath bombs. Lakes will give your bath bombs a bright pop of colour and will colour the bath water if enough is used.
- For bath bombs we use 2 tsp for our batches to achieve a bright yellow. More or less can be used.
- Poly 80 is recommended to avoid a ring in the tub.
- Lakes can be used in soap but may bleed. Colour not stable in high PH
- Approved for all cosmetic use (eyes, lips, and face) including bath bombs.
- CI 19140, FD&C Yellow No. 5